5 days / $945
This 5-day course is for emerging snow professionals. You will learn to communicate avalanche risk between team members, observe and record snow, weather, and avalanche data to national standards. You will be required to demonstrate your travel skills and knowledge of avalanche formation, release, hazard mitigation, and solo rescue skills.
Student Requirements for Enrollment:
- Course applicants have completed the following A3-recognized courses prior to enrollment:
- Recreational Level 1 Avalanche Training
- Avalanche Rescue
- One winter season (20 days or more) of relevant experience (demonstrated through one of the following):
- Prior avalanche work experience; OR
- A supervised unpaid work internship in the guiding/avalanche industry supported by a letter of reference; OR
- Letter of recommendation from AAA Professional member; OR
- AAA Membership (Affiliate or Professional); OR
- Winter backcountry travel experience supported by documented trip planning and recorded field observations that contributed to avalanche hazard assessment and personal avalanche risk management.
- Students must pay a student administrative fee to the American Avalanche Association and submit a receipt with their application package. This fee is non-refundable so please check to make sure there is space in the course you are interested in before paying this fee. More information here: https://www.americanavalancheassociation.org/store/pro-course-student-fee