Quiz: How risk tolerant are you?
0 of 7 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Most frequent answer A: Risk averse. Risk averse people, also called low sensation seekers, may actively avoid new experiences because they are uncomfortable with the uncertainties they pose and with the potential to lose something while doing the activity. You like to stick with the familiar and calm adventures.
Most frequent answer B: Risk tolerant. Risk tolerant people seek out new experiences when they have enough information to support their decision, unless there is something to lose by doing so. You enjoy new adventures but shun away from really high stimulation.
Most frequent answer C: Risk seeker. Risk/Sensation seekers look for experiences and feelings that are varied, novel, and intense, and are ready to take physical, social, and financial risks for the sake of such experiences. You need exciting adventures so not to get bored.
1. In general, how would your best friend describe your recreational risk taking tendencies?
2. You have professional level information and freedom to choose where to go. In each situation, an avalanche has a 15% chance of injuring you and a 5% chance of killing you. What would you pick?
3. When you think of the word “risk” which of the following words comes to mind first?
4. You are packing for a day in the mountains. Your backpack is nearly full but can fit one more item. Do you bring:
5. It is Day 4 of your five day trip to Mountain Range Z. You stand at the top with three descent options. Which do you choose?
6. Each morning you read an avalanche advisory and a screen full of snow stoke. Today is your day to shred. The advisory says that, on your favorite type of terrain, human triggered avalanches are possible. Reports also indicate that this terrain will be untracked, sunny, and have perfect snow. Do you:
7. You most admire or wish to be: